rc.d script for gvinum?

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 01:09:48 UTC 2006

> Prepare the disks:

Done:

# disklabel /dev/ad4s1
# /dev/ad4s1:
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  a: 398283401       16    unused        0     0
  c: 398283417        0    unused        0     0         # "raw" part,
don't edit

# disklabel /dev/ad4s1
# /dev/ad4s1:
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  a: 398283401       16    unused        0     0
  c: 398283417        0    unused        0     0         # "raw" part,
don't edit

> make a configfile:

Done

# cat /etc/gvinum.conf
drive a device /dev/ad4s1a state up
drive b device /dev/ad2s1a state up
volume www
  plex org concat
    sd length 12G drive a
volume ports
  plex org concat
    sd length 10G drive a
volume video
  plex org concat
    sd length 180G drive b
volume home
  plex org concat
    sd length 40M drive a

> use gvinum to make the array:
> # gvinum create configfile

Did that before the latest reboot.

> now when you load gvinum it should work.

How exactly do I "load gvinum"?

If I go into gvinum and "create", it gives me a config file thing -
but slightly different -- and when I exit it prints:

2 drives:
D b                     State: up       /dev/ad2s1a     A:
194480/194480 MB (100%)
D a                     State: up       /dev/ad4s1a     A:
194474/194474 MB (100%)

5 volumes:
V ports                 State: up       Plexes:       0 Size:          0  B
V www                   State: up       Plexes:       0 Size:          0  B
V video                 State: up       Plexes:       0 Size:          0  B
V subversion            State: up       Plexes:       0 Size:          0  B
V home                  State: up       Plexes:       0 Size:          0  B

5 plexes:
P ports.p0            C State: up       Subdisks:     0 Size:          0  B
P www.p0              C State: up       Subdisks:     0 Size:          0  B
P video.p0            C State: up       Subdisks:     0 Size:          0  B
P subversion.p0       C State: up       Subdisks:     0 Size:          0  B
P home.p0             C State: up       Subdisks:     0 Size:          0  B

5 subdisks:
S ports.p0.s0           State: up       D: a            Size:         10 GB
S www.p0.s0             State: up       D: a            Size:         12 GB
S video.p0.s0           State: up       D: b            Size:        189 GB
S subversion.p0.s0      State: up       D: a            Size:       1024 MB
S home.p0.s0            State: up       D: a            Size:         40 MB

See how all the plexes and volumes are size 0?

> you can now treat /dev/gvinum/array

# ls -la /dev/gvinum
ls: /dev/gvinum: No such file or directory

It was there last time... what happened?

--
Every once in a while you run out of ideas; just keep going.
Security "guru" for rent or hire - http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-