pkgdb error

Adam Stroud adam at thegeeklord.com
Mon Jun 19 22:09:15 UTC 2006

I am having a problem with pkgdb and I am wondering if someone can point
me in the right direction.  I was trying to update some of my out of
date ports with portupgrade and when I get a pkgdb error.  Now whenever
I try to run any portupgrade command, or even and pkgdb command (like
pkgdb -Fu) I get the following error message:

[Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:dbm_hash> in /var/db/pkg ... can't convert
String into Integer: Cannot update the pkgdb!]

Anyone have any ideas or links to some information on how to solve this?

Thanks