monitoring raid arrays

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Jun 19 21:15:19 UTC 2006

On Jun 19, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Tamouh H. wrote:

>>> Yes, I saw this too.  Doesn't work on 6.x though because of the
>>> MAKEDEV requirement.
>>
>> I am not running the Dell version but the "actual" generic
>> adaptec Linux version with the Linux compat stuff installed
>> and it works fine with 6.0.  You should be able to Google and
>> see what people did to make it work.  And the same thing
>> probably? should work with the Dell version?
>>
>> Chad
>>

> The aaccli works only with certain Adaptec firmware. If the adaptec
> card has the newest firmwares (I believe the ones in April + ), the
> aaccli will not work.
>
> Official Adaptec stand as it appears that they don't have storage
> management on FreeBSD.

I use the Linux aaccli in Linux compat mode.

Are Adaptec saying that they also don't support Linux?   I am not
running any FreeBSD native aaccli as it was recommended to me long
ago to run the Linux one as it had more capability than the FreeBSD
one, which was abandoned it seems.

Btw, I updated my 2200S to the latest in May but the latest for this
card is from 2005 so maybe it is not late enough.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider