linux_base-fc4

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Mon Jun 19 16:41:36 UTC 2006

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:15:42 +0300 Adi Pircalabu wrote:
> (Really cc-ed to freebsd-ports at freebsd.org and Boris Samodorov a.k.a
> bsam at ipt.ru)
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:41:10 +0300 Adi Pircalabu wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:43:16 -0600 Jeff Molofee wrote:
> >
> > > After upgrading to linux_base-fc4, I've noticed a lot of
> > > applications and games that will no longer run. One of the games is
> > > HoH. I receive the following error when trying to run it... does
> > > anyone know how to fix this?
> > >
> > > ./HoH: error while loading shared libraries:
> > > libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such
> > > file or directory
> >
> > Apparently that application needs (yet another?) compatibility Linux
> > libraries, because it was built with g++-2.96 and linked against
> > libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3.
> > Feel free to send a problem report for this so it won't get lost,
> > linux_base-fc4 maintainers should take a look at it and update the
> > port.

> Jeff, I've attached a patch for linux_base-fc4, can you please test it
> and see if it fixes the dependency problem?

Adi, you did the right thing -- that library is missing at the port.
There are two hints.

1. The plist file is not full (one llibrary missing). I'd recommend
   you to test the patches (on probably fresh machine). Then on
   deinstalling you'll notice those files that remain undeletted.
   You may consider reading
   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/
   and http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting-testing.html
   to create a good (i.e. ready-to-commit) patches.

2. To create a good distinfo file for a linux port try to use "make
   PACKAGE_BUILDING=YES makesum". There are may source files (under
   GPL) which we must (at least) have while building linux (GPL)
   ports.

PS. I've already sent Jeff a patch and he gave me a successful
feedback. I hope this patch will be committed soon.

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer
InPharmTech Co,     http://www.ipt.ru