smoke and mirrors - any way to trick an app into thinking I'm running linux?

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 10:10:28 UTC 2006

Ahh, it is, in fact, a binary sh.

The binary compatability looks pretty thourough, and it seems most of
the details in the compatability section for most apps seem to involve
making them check for BSD instead of linux, and ensuring they run in
compatability mode,

I'll run ktrace tonight. thanks.

I really want to proove to these people that the port will not be a
$60k effor, more like a $20 effort.