Does FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE support the Intel PWLA8391GT NIC?

Björn König bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 19 06:10:39 UTC 2006

Mark schrieb:
> A similar question as before: does FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE support the Intel
> PWLA8391GT NIC card?

According to Google this card is also known as Intel PRO/1000. It should
work with the em(4) driver.

See also http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.11R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET

> Earlier, I recieved a link to the FreeBSD site for 'older' versions, but I
> only saw 4.11-RELEASE there.

4.11-RELEASE is the latest release of the 4-STABLE branch. There are
only a few minor changes between the latest release and -STABLE in this
case.

You should consider to use a more recent release, e.g. 6.1-RELEASE.

Björn