FreeBSD 6.1 + Intel D101GGC Motherboard

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sat Jun 17 13:43:16 UTC 2006

<Muthu_T at Dell.com> writes:

> I am unable to get the sound card working with the Intel D101GGC mother
> board.
> One more issue is the X runs fine with vesa driver, but the screen
> becomes white if I use 'ati' driver.
>
> Any idea?

For video, try the various configurations programs; see what they
detect, and look at the log files to see what happens when it fails.

For audio, look at /dev/sndstat and also look at the boot-time
messages to see what was detected.

If those don't get you on the right path, please look at the "How to
get the best results from the FreeBSD-questions mailing list" article
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/index.html)
to help us figure out what you are working with.