Making a L440GX+ work (was "Trying to revive a server... AIC-7896 freezes pre-POST completion")

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Wed Jun 14 21:47:56 UTC 2006

The halt could be anything from bad RAM, or other IRQ issues.  This begs
the question as to why this board is not in use?

You should be able to update the BIOS from a floppy or cd-rom boot
disk.  You can take your pick at bootdisk.org

The general rule with ram is you can run faster ram than you need, just
usually wastes money that faster RAM costs.  But speed isn't the only issue
with ram, some are ECC or non-ECC, plus the CAS timing can be
different.  So your RAM while it seems to work,may not be quite right.

         -Derek

believed to be clean.