Where is CARP?

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Wed Jun 14 14:45:02 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 15:24, Erik Norgaard wrote:
> See the NOTES filefor extra kernel options, /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES:
>
> device          pf                  #PF OpenBSD packet-filter firewall
> device          pflog               #logging support interface for PF
> device          pfsync              #synchronization interface for PF
> device          carp                #Common Address Redundancy Protocol
>
> Cheers, Erik

Thanks Erik I got it working after recompiling the kernel with "device
carp" (I only want carp, not pf).  I assume that CARP would be a standard
part of the base system like it is with OpenBSD- there's no mention on the
net (AFAIK) that you have compile it in.

Ashley

--
"If you do it the stupid way, you will have to do it again"
  - Gregory Chudnovsky