FreeBSD is #1

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Mon Jun 12 21:54:52 UTC 2006

On Monday 12 June 2006 13:36, Danial Thom wrote:
> Freebsd 4.x no doubt :)
>
> --- Beech Rintoul <beech at alaskaparadise.com>
>
> wrote:
> > I found this on Netcraft and thought I'd share
> > it:
> >
> > Six Hosting Companies Most Reliable Hoster in
> > May.
> >
> > Six hosting companies share the top spot this
> > month, with INetU, Hostway,
> > IPower, New York Internet, Pair Networks
> > andTiscali all sharing the top spot
> > as the most reliable hosting company site this
> > month.
> >
> > The six-way tie is a first for the reliability
> > survey, as three and even four
> > providers have shared the top position in the
> > past. The showing reflects a
> > strong month for hosting reliability, as the
> > winners each had just 0.01
> > percent of their DNS responses fail, just a
> > hair short of a perfect showing.
> > All six companies have finished atop the survey
> > at least once previously.
> >
> > It was a particularly good month for providers
> > hosting their home page on
> > FreeBSD, four of whom (INetU, iPowerWeb, NY
> > Internet and Pair Networks)
> > shared the top spot with two hosts on Linux
> > (Hostway and Tiscali). Overall,
> > five Linux sites are found in the top 10 this
> > month, four on FreeBSD and one
> > on Windows.
>
> http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2006/06/06/six_hosting_companies_most_rel
>iable_hoster_in_may.html
>
> > Way to go FreeBSD!!
> >
> > Beech

Regardless of which version they're running, these kind of stats are
invaluable when you're trying to convince some clueless manager that you want
to switch their NT4 or 2K server to FreeBSD.

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com