Deny large number of IPs via ipfw

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Sun Jun 11 13:30:25 UTC 2006

"Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm at prime.gushi.org> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've got a file that I just synced from a major RBL, and I'd like to just
> use it to globally deny access to my system.  Is there an easy way to do
> this within ipfw -- the file is about 3 *million* lines, and is from
> cbl.abuseat.org.

You're probably better off using pf so that you can use a table.

--
Bill Moran

You will give me the Ring freely?  In place of the Dark Lord you will set
up a Queen.  And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the
Morning and the Night!  Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the
Mountain!  Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning!  Stronger than the
foundations of the earth.  All shall love me and despair!

        Galadriel