[kopete-devel] (no subject)

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Fri Jun 9 22:12:43 UTC 2006

> libtool: link: cannot find the library `'

The net-im/kopete port will be upgraded to 0.12 soon. If you don't want
to wait, it is possible to compile from source of course - but you will
run into a couple of minor problems along the way. The one above is
caused by the outdated version of libtool that comes with kopete. After
running configure, you need to replace the generated libtool with
/usr/local/bin/libtool.

> There is an installation error in jpeg support. You seem to have only one
> of either the headers _or_ the libraries installed. You may need to either
> provide correct --with-extra-... options, or the development package of
> libjpeg6b. You can get a source package of libjpeg from http://www.ijg.org/
> Disabling JPEG support.

I get this error when compiling Kopete from source on FreeBSD as well -
and I simply ignore it. My guess is that configure is looking for
libjpeg in /usr/lib instead of /usr/local/lib. You can safely ignore
this - Kopete does not do its own image handling anyway, it uses Qt for
this.

- Bartosz