WARNING: a geometry of 77545/16/63 for ad0 is incorrect

justin schlingmann justinsc at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 7 16:15:42 UTC 2006

Hello,

I`m trying to install freebsd 6.1 from an iso i fetched from
ftp.uk.freebsd.org.
I get the following meassage:

WARNING: a geometry of 77545/16/63 for ad0 is incorrect uing a more likely
geometry.
If this geometry is incorrect or you are unshure wether or not it`s correct,
please consult the hardware guide
in the documentation submenu or use the geaometry command to change it now.

There seems to be a problem with my harddisk but i am not shure what it is.
I also get the following message when i try to fetch my distributions from
cdrom.
"write failurer on transfer"

maybe someone can help me figuring out the problem is.
Installing freebsd 5.5 goes wthout a problem.

Thanks,
Justin.