Converting DocBook into PDF

Rico coolzone at io.dk
Tue Jun 6 02:11:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am working on a documentation project and needs to convert some
DocBook files into several formats.

I have installed "xmlto" amongst others and I can convert the DocBook
into XHTML, TXT but not into PDF or PS.

Trying to do so I get the error:

$xmlto --skip-validation pdf My_DocBook.xml
Making portrait pages on USletter paper (8.5inx11in)
XPath error : Undefined variable
$ulink.footnotes != 0
                  ^
error: file file:///usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/fo/footnote.xsl line 94
element number
Failed to compile predicate
/usr/local/bin/xmlto: line 379: 17329 Segmentation fault: 11  (core
dumped) xsltproc $XSLTOPTS -o "$XSLT_PROCESSED" "$STYLESHEET" "$INPUT_FILE"
/usr/local/share/xmlto/format/docbook/../fo/pdf: Can't open
/usr/local/share/xmlto/format/docbook/../fo/pdf: No such file or directory

How can I make xmlto work? I used this on a GNU/Linux system with great
succes and would like to use the same tool since it is very easy and it
renderes greatly. If not possible how can it be done otherwise.

Best and kind regards,
Rico