Makefile for rpm-4.0.4_4

solsyst at netscape.net solsyst at netscape.net
Mon Jun 5 12:02:22 PDT 2006

Hi LG:
Thanks for the tip.

I connected to www. Freebsd.org, sherched for rpm and got to a page
with several rpm ports that can be downloaded. Since O have FreeBSD 6.0
I figured I could go for the latehast rpm which is 4.0.4_4. So I first
downloaded rpm4.tar, and put it in my /usr/rpm/rpm4/ dir. rpm4.tar
contains the makefile.Then I downloaded rpm-4.0.4_4.tbz and put it in
my /usr/ports/ dir. But I could see that the make file was not
interested in a tbz file so I connected to the internet and started
make so it coul;d go get the file it wanted. Make did so.

I think I also unzipped the rpm-4.0.4_4 tbz file. Somehow I ended up
with two sub-directories to my /usr/rpm/rpm4 directory They are Files
and Work. The files Dir contains a bunch of patch files.

 From what you said about "a patch in the port skeleton which isn't
appropriate to the
source that had been un-tarred from rpm-4.0.4.tar.gz.", perhaps I
should delete everything and start over with just the rpm4.tar file in
my /usr/rpm/rpm4/ dir. Am I correct in thinking that the only file I
need to untar is rpm4.tar, and when I execute the extracted make file
and there is no other rpm stuff in my directories, MAKE INSTALL should
work?

Thanks,
RAW

Do I have any other options with the unzipped rpm-4.0.4_4.tbz mess I.ve
already created?