MySQL port won't understand SSL configuration directives

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 4 20:12:08 PDT 2006

On Sunday,  4 June 2006 at 15:07:39 +0000, Matt Bostock wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I compiled the MySQL port with WITH_OPENSSL=yes, but it won't start as it
> complains about the SSL directives in /etc/my.cnf;
>
> [ERROR] /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: unknown variable 'ssl-ca=/xxxxxxxxx'
>
> Any help is much appreciated,

The FreeBSD ports of MySQL don't install a my.cnf file; if they did,
it would be in /usr/local/etc/, not /etc.  So it looks as if this is
something you've done.  The /xxxxxxxxx refers to a file name, of
course.  It's barely possible that the error message is wrong and that
it's really saying "can't find file /xxxxxxxxx".  Does the file exist?

Which version of MySQL?  This facility was introduced with release 4.0
of MySQL.

Greg