system load mrtg ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu Jun 1 12:09:59 PDT 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Norberto Meijome wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:07:13 +0200
> Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet at esiee.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm searching for some tools that are able to produce
>> some graphics ( understandables by managers ...) to
>> show the system load ( CPU . DISK I/O , memory ... etc etc )
>>
>> The purpose is to show how the machine ( mailhub ) is loaded
>> to replace it by a stronger box.
>>
>> TIA
>
> http://www.cacti.net/

I tried cacti, and I don't know if its FreeBSD itself, or cacti, but other
then traffic stats, it sucked ... i was getting sys+usr+idle CPU %ages
taht were adding up to 115% (or similar high #s) ...

I really wish that FreeBSD had something a bit better built into the
kernel itself, to give you averages, similar to loadavg ... some easy way
to determine % busy of disks, ethernet, cpu, etc ...

----