nVidia TwinView Dual Head problem

Richard Ehrlich richarde at veterantutors.org
Fri Jul 28 06:19:18 UTC 2006

I am running freeBSD 6.1. I just installed an nVidia GeForce FX5200 PCI
card. When I booted , both monitors echoed the boot sequence (Monitor1 a
clone of Monitor0).

I downloaded and installed the current nvidia driver:
NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-1.0-8762. Then I installed KDE 3.5.3. I ran
nvidia-config, then startx. I got a perfect KDE desktop on Monitor0,
alternating horizontal bands of color on Monitor 1.

I modified xorg.conf to Option "TwinView" and spec both monitors. Same
result.

Attached please find both '/root/xorg.conf' and '/var/log/Xorg.0.log'.
The log indicates that only Monitor0 is recognized, but my understanding
of TwinView is that's the way it's supposed to be.

Does anyone have experience with the nVidia GeForce FX5200 PCI card who
can advise me what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.