Corrupt pkgdb

Bryan Bonifacio bryanbonifacio at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 15:47:28 UTC 2006

>From "man portupgrade"...

1) Try a "pkgdb -fu"
2) If it doesn't work, remove the database file at
    (/var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db) and
3)  Rerun "pkgdb -fu"

Hope this helps...

--
Bryan

Joshua Lewis <joshua.lewis at familyfunzone.net> wrote:
   I am setting up a new system and ran a portupgrade -a. Unfortunately I
   also in my arrogance tried to run XDM while the portupgrade was
   running. Well to make a long story short I could not exit out of XDM
   and get back to my console and had to reboot the system. Now I get an
   error that my pkgdb is corrupt when I try to rerun the portupgrade.

   Is there a way to rebuild that DB or do I have to reinstall the whole
   OS? I don't know how that pkgdb gets created so I don't know if it is
   created during the install or when I installed portupgrade.

   Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
   Sincerely,
   Joshua Lewis