iwi cannot allocate firmware DMA memory

Yousef Raffah yraffah at savola.com
Mon Jul 24 07:51:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm a happy FreeBSD user and I have it installed on my laptop (Toshiba
Tecra A4). However, I noticed recently that my iwi driver goes up and
down frequently then suddenly it stops working. When I check dmesg it says:
iwi0: could not allocate firmware DMA memory

Earlier on 6.1-RELEASE, I was able to overcome this problem by unloading
the if_iwi driver, switch of the iwi button, turn it back on and load
the driver. However, this is not possible on -CURRENT (Mon Jul 17
20:06:47 AST 2006) as the moment I unload the driver, it gets
automagically loaded!

Any ideas to overcome this?

--

Sincerely,