linux-firefox : cups printers not found

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Jul 21 23:08:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:32:05 +0400
"Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/20/06, Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> wrote:
> > hi all,
> > I recently changed www/firefox for www/linux-firefox . I now realised that
> > my CUPS printers are not available from File - Print., only
> > 'Postcript/default' is available.
>
> You should set "Print command" in printer properties of
> PostScript/default to "/usr/local/bin/lp" with arguments you
> need.

Thanks for the reply, Andrew - but isn't that the command to use when printing?
the cmd shown is :

lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}

which in itself isn't a problem (it prints to my default cups printer).

the problem is that I cannot see ALL my other printers that I have
defined in cups. I can understand that in some software that doesnt support
cups i would have to use lpr -P[printername], but freebsd based firefox DOES
detect my printers - linux-firefox doesn't show them.