CUPS, one more try

Donald J. O'Neill donaldjoneill at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 14:40:53 UTC 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 08:09, E. J. Cerejo wrote:

> Don
>

> I just did what you told me but I still get the same message when run
> lpstat, and still can't print.
>

> EJC
> www.only7bucks.com
>
> ---------------------------------

Take a look at:
	http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/cups.html
Go to the section on FreeBSD and NetBSD, this should help you out.

There are a number of suggestions here that I didn't give, sorry, I wanted to
give you some help, not hand it to you on a platter.

Do a 'ps ax |grep cup' and make sure that you see 'cupsd'. If you don't, you
will need to do a 'cupsd', recheck that you have cupsd running.

Go to http://localhost:631/admin (user would probably be root and password
would be the root password. Configure printers from there.

Don