CDROM

gs_stoller at juno.com gs_stoller at juno.com
Mon Jul 10 23:28:12 UTC 2006

	I can read from my  CDROM  under  Windows 98 , but when I try
to read from it under  FreeBSD 4.3  I get told that the device is busy.
My presumption is that either part of the device driver is corrupted,
or there is some status data kept long time that is never reset but it
tells the system that the device is busy.
	What can I do to resolve the difficulty?  If I need a new copy
of the device driver, where can I get it (do I need to know the type of
 CDROM  that I have, I believe it is  ATAPI )?