sshd not working

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sun Jul 9 20:12:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 03:38:33PM -0400, Elijah Savage wrote:

> Well thank you for the reply but it was the network card. I am not
> sure if I should take it back or not. It is a brand new network D
> Link GigE card realtek chipset RTL8169. This was such strange
> behavior, I could get out from the machine but could not get into it
> across the network. I just replaced it with a Intel 100mb fxp0 and
> everything works now. Sort of sucks my server will be runnning at
> 100mb and every other client at GigE.
>
> I made sure my card was on the list so it could be bad I suppose.

If you want to investigate it might be worth it. Check ifconfig output
and compare to other cards of the same make. Check duplex settings, etc.
Swap cards and see if problems follow the card or stay with the
machine...

Glad you found the problem, anyway.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |