SATA300 Controllers

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Jul 6 13:22:11 UTC 2006

Derrick T. Woolworth wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Sorry for cross-posting, but these issues seem relevant for lists...

We'll survive, but for future reference it's almost never appropriate to
cross-post between freebsd-questions and other FreeBSD lists.

> Has anyone had success with SATA300 controllers with FreeBSD 6.1? [ ... ]
> I've got a K8N Diamond motherboard on a workstation and I was able to at least
> "start" the 6.1 installation.

I've got a K8N Diamond board as well, and FreeBSD 6.0 & 6.1 seems to work just
fine with either the nVidia integrated 4-channel SATA controller, and with the
SilImage 3132 2-channel SATA controller.  Note that I've only tested
single-drive operation, though-- I haven't had the need to set up RAID on this
one yet...

--
-Chuck