screen blanking and kde

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Mon Jul 3 09:34:32 UTC 2006

The machine I use fvwm on blanks the screen after a period of time (the
default from Xorg). However, a machine running KDE does not(!), even
without the screensaver enabled (in kde). Disabling the saver results
in a screen never go blank. So, I guess, kde interfeares with xorg
somewhere (disabling the blanktime feature from xorg).

Does anybody know where this is done (by kde) and if this can be
changed? Sure, I can use kde's screensaver (orxscreensaver), but I only
want the screen go blank and xorg can do that just the same)

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 ++ The Power to Serve