What functionality is provided by minimal install

Eric Schultz eric at schultznet.ca
Tue Jan 31 11:56:34 PST 2006

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2006-01-30 13:42, Eric Schultz <eric at schultznet.ca> wrote:
>> sysintall help that a Minimal install is "just the base system."  But
>> what _functionality_ is provided by a *base system*???
>
> A short `overview' of a sort can be seen with:
>
>         # man 5 rc.conf
>
> For every daemon, service, or option that you see in that manpage, there is
> also a feature of the base system.

Good afternoon...

That's a very interesting idea.  I guess that would cover (excuse my
un-certainty with the terminology here) the /kernel/ but not the
/userland/.  For the /userland/ i assume I would still have to man every
executable - and then some - that I find?

--
Headed for the second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

   Eric Schultz
   (aka Storkman)

Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/schultznet
Homepage: http://www.schultznet.ca