pkg_add down!

Sean Murphy smurphy at calarts.edu
Tue Jan 31 09:38:37 PST 2006

i have set my PACKAGESITE to ftp3 and ftp10 and then monitored the
throughput with my "packetshaper" and it looks as though there is a
problem.  I use pkg_add -r perl and pkg_add -r nessus-plugins noth of
them going to different ftp servers one on 3 and the other on 10 however
checking the ftp traffic flow during this process is a little concerning.

It will start some traffic not much in the 500 bytes to start the
transfer but then drop to 0 for minutes at a time.

I am running FreeBSD xxx.xxx.xxx 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0: Thu
Nov  3 09:36:13 UTC 2005
root at x64.samsco.home:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

if I go to the ftp site with my browser it seems to work fine.

What should I do as the package never seems to download.  is there a
queue on the ftp servers?