excluding a particular filename from rsyncing ... help

Ensel Sharon user at dhp.com
Sun Jan 29 23:57:18 PST 2006

Every night I rsync a directory tree from one system to another.  Easy.

However there is a particular set of files that could exist anywhere in
that  directory at any depth, and it is unknown how many there are at any
given time.  I want to make sure that rsync skips over those files
regardless of where they ae, how deep they are, or how many there are.

How can I do this on the command line, with rsync ?

Thanks.