Starting gpg-agent

Beech Rintoul akbeech at alaskaparadise.com
Sat Jan 28 16:06:31 PST 2006

On Saturday 28 January 2006 04:34, Felix 'buebo' Kakrow wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:19:44 -0500
>
> Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
> > I usually start KDE with the 'startx' command. I would like to
> > start 'gpg-agent' at the same time, and possibly shut it down
> > when I exit from KDE.
> >
> > Is there a way that I can do this without having to resort to
> > manually starting gpg-agent prior to starting KDE?
>
> You can put 'gpg-agent &' into your ~/.xinitrc

Append the line "use-agent" to ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf without the quotes.

Then add the following to ~/.xinitrc before startkde:

eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon --sh)"

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - akbeech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com