RAM check - Followup question

Derek Ragona derek at computinginnovations.com
Fri Jan 27 12:25:20 PST 2006

This system is listed with the RAM manufacturer's and according to
Kingston's notes:
Systems shipped with 800MHz FSB processors require DDR400 (KTD8300/xxx) parts.
Systems shipped with 533MHz FSB processors require DDR333 (KTD4550/xxx) parts.

MODULES MUST BE ORDERED AND INSTALLED IN PAIRS for Dual Channel mode.

This system is configurable and may ship with a different amount of
standard memory.

So you may have the wrong speed ram causing the errors in dual-channel
mode, or you may just have a bad module.

I don't know any ram that is NOT guaranteed for life, so if you have a bad
module contact the manufacturer and get it replaced.

         -Derek