Problems with locale & entropy (what's that?)

vittorio vdemart1 at tin.it
Fri Jan 27 04:25:26 PST 2006

On a (mainly) postgresql pentium 4 server at office I upgraded freebsd 5.4 to
6 by means of a  CD with the standard  ISO
downloaded from  ftp.freebsd.org (I can't use any alternative means becuase
 of the tight rules of security of our network).
I tailored and compiled the kernel and upgraded the system by the usual
commands:

make buildword
boot
mergemaster -p
make
installworld
mergemaster
boot

The locale is Italian and the system speaks Italian, for instance mc.

Not it happens that when launching 010.pgsql start, apache.sh start, etc.
 they all start issuing the following warning

--: not found

Besides, after upgrading to 6, I go on receiving each 11 minutes the
 following email