"screen" alternative

Grzegorz Danecki g.danecki at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:25:53 PST 2006

Hi List!

I'm running 5.4 Stable and I'm looking for something, that can let me detach
my session leaving my software running. First thought - "screen", but hey,
there is no screen package in ports collection :( Google says something that
it was removed due to high cpu utilization few releases ago. Is this true?
Are there any alternatives? Because as I can remember screen was frequently
used and highly appreciated application.

Or should I rather look for some sources instead of package? Any problems
with that?

Many thanks in advance, You are doing great work here!

Greg Danecki