6.0 Migration Guide?

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Jan 25 19:30:24 PST 2006

Kris Kennaway wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:41:27AM -0800, Gayn Winters wrote:
>

>>Does anyone have a pointer to a FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE Migration Guide?
>>Even a draft?  I googled and looked in
>>http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/ with no luck.  The 5.4 one is very
>>nice.
>>

>Operationally (i.e. to the user), 5.4 and 6.0 are very similar
>(contrast to 4.11 -> 5.4, which was a huge change).
>
>Kris

FWIW, this is true for even larger 5-> 6 jumps; a machine running
FreesBIE 1.1 (which was based on 5.3, IIRC) updated to RELENG_6_0
here today via standard "buildworld cycle" just as smooth as silk....

Kevin Kinsey

--
You know, of course, that the Tasmanians, who never committed adultery,
are now extinct.