make index

Donald J. O'Neill donaldjoneill at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 07:25:34 PST 2006

On Wednesday 25 January 2006 05:45, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
> Donald J. O'Neill wrote:
> >What version of FreeBSD are you using. It can make a difference as
> > to which way want to you go. If you are using 6.0, you can use
> > portsnap, which is so much faster than anything else, it's
> > laughable. I only use cvsup for updating src.
>
> My understanding was that portsnap would delete any local changes in
> the ports tree.  Has that changed?
>
> --Alex

To my knowledge (and the man page), this hasn't changed. But, I suspect
there are ways around this, if you're willing to think about them.
Since I haven't made any local changes, I'm happy with portsnap the way
it's been working.

Right now, I'm setting up 2 dual boot computers and retiring another, at
home. No easy job if I want to stay on good terms with my wife. Ha.

Don