Where are the config files stored?

Guillaume R. raimondeau at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:59:24 PST 2006

Hello
I'm posting here coz I got this problem since a while and it's very disturbing.
I install a soft like postfix for example and I cant find the sample
config files which normally comes with the packages. Under linux the
sample are stored either in there right place (i.e.
/etc/postfix/main.cf) or in /usr/share/doc/myapp.
That's not right for freebsd and I cant find those sample for procmail
fetchmail or mutt for example. Is it normal or did I miss something?
If I miss something could anyone tell me what so that I correct that
to got my samples at new?
Many thx :)