Subversion Port

K. Workman kw_member at aegis.dynalias.net
Mon Jan 23 11:10:35 PST 2006

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2006-01-23 10:18, "K. Workman" <kw_member at aegis.dynalias.net> wrote:
>
>> I currently have subversion 1.3.0 installed on my FreeBSD 5.4 host.
>>
>> I've been keeping up-to-date with the ports tree and I've since noticed
>> that a newer version of subversion is available. So, I tried to use
>> portupgrade to install it. However, I'm running into a problem:
>>

>> subversion/svnversion/svnversion . /repos/svn/trunk >
>> /usr/local/include/subvers
>> ion-1/svn-revision.txt
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libkrb5.so: Undefined symbol
>> "initialize_asn1_err
>> or_table_r"
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/subversion/work/subversion-1.3.0.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/subversion.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> /usr/include/asn1_err.h
>>

>> Apparently, it is trying to use kerberos, but is having a problem with a
>> library.
>>

> Other programs are going to have problems too, if you don't have a
> proper libasn1.so installed.  I have a debugging world installed here,
> so I can see that:
>
> root at flame:/root# nm /usr/lib/libasn1* | grep initialize_asn1_error_table_r
> 0000000000000000 T initialize_asn1_error_table_r
> 0000000000014fb0 T initialize_asn1_error_table_r
> 0000000000014fb0 T initialize_asn1_error_table_r
> 0000000000000000 T initialize_asn1_error_table_r
> root at flame:/root#
>
> Are you using any special options in /etc/make.conf to build your
> userland?

No, I'm not using any special options. In fact, I've not formally
re-built all of userland since installing 5.4. Although, I have been
continually upgrading the various ports as they become available. So,
prior to the subversion upgrade, pkg_version reports all other ports
up-to-date.

Interestingly enough, if I'm missing something on my system, I would
have expected portupgrade to build it, as well?

Thanks.