Xorg 6.9.0 & xkb problem

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Sun Jan 22 14:00:58 PST 2006

Hi all

I've problem with Xorg 6.9.0. I think it's problem with Xorg and not with
FreeBSD ports. But maybe someone can help me.

On all my pc I use US-Keyboard, and because I'm french guys I need some
caractere like : éèà etc...

On my Xorg config I have

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option  "AutoRepeat"    "500 30"
        Option  "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option  "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option  "XkbSymbols"    "fr"
        Option  "XkbLayout"     "us_intl"
EndSection

and when I want type é I just need to type "'"+e,
and when I really need "'" I need to use "'"+_space_

Well after my upgrade from 6.8 to 6.9 this thing don't work. I've try many
combinaison with all (not all of course) files in
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/
but nothing work, my "'","^","`" etc... is not deadkeys.

I've don't find elegant solution. I solve this problem by reinstalling the
old directory
	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb

in the new installation.

I've similary message on xorg at lists.freedesktop.org but I don't know if
that's problem is on the ports or on the new release. Or maybe it's not a
problem but only a new kind of configuration.

Anyone can help me ?

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH