install help? make: don't know how to make package-depends-list. Stop

Joseph Vella satyam at sklinks.com
Sat Jan 21 23:31:45 PST 2006

I tried to install bluefish. I might have made a mess.

I first downloaded the package from the freebsd ftp site.  I did pkg_add.  It
complained about cairo and weblint.  So I downloaded those.  pkg_add
installed but with errors.  Then when I tried to run it, it had incompatible
libraries errors.

So I found /usr/ports/www/bluefish and did make install which told me to make
deinstall then make reinstall.  I did those.

This was the final outcome:
.
.
===>   Compressing manual pages for bluefish-1.0.1
===>   Registering installation for bluefish-1.0.1
make: don't know how to make package-depends-list. Stop

Prajipati-FreeBSD# type bluefish
type: Command not found.

What now?