Sound driver for Compaq Presario?

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Sat Jan 21 13:46:50 PST 2006

Andreas Davour wrote:

> Hi.
>
> My wife got herself a laptop, and I convinced her that FreeBSD would be
> a good operating system to use.
>
> Now, do anyone know what kind of sound driver we should be using? It is
> some kind of built-in card. When I tried pciconf it just told me it was
> a "generic soundcard".
>
> It says "Presario 2302A" on the box, and Presario 2300 on a ministicker
> on the a machine.
>
> I have tried google to no avail.
>
> /andreas

You could try loading the "snd_driver" kernel module to try to have it
determine what card it is and load the proper driver. It may work and
would save the call/chat/email to support. :)

# kldload snd_driver

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

-Mark

--
GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc

Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com
Rock 101.9 The Edge (Rock) - http://www.rock1019.net

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)