FreeBSD vs Linux

Adam Nealis adamnealis at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 03:12:53 PST 2006

--- Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> What do you say to the people who want to do some research before
> putting the time into installing it?

I would suggest going to http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html and reading the
FAQ (especially section 1) and the handbook for a start. This should give
you an idea of the approach and the level of technical awareness you
will need.

The community and support sections should help you get a feel for how the
OS is actually received.