Post install help

Vayu vayu at sklinks.com
Thu Jan 19 23:51:03 PST 2006

I just did my first install, so far so good.  I've got KDE running.  I
know how to play around with xorg.conf and got my screen resolution
matching my monitor.  My network is working to the router.  Now I would
like to get my graphics and sound cards working.

Where can I find out about getting an nVidia driver installed (I have a
6600GT)?

Where can I find out about getting my sound card working (sound blaster
Audigy 2)?  Right now I get no sounds anywhere in KDE.

How can trace my permission errors when I try to access my CD player in
KDE?  (All I know about so far is to add myself to the wheel group to
get su)

Is there a good source of HowTos anywhere?

Any help would be appreciated