question

Spiros Papadopoulos spap at avrolymos.com
Wed Jan 18 22:10:18 PST 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 00:23, Jose Jesus Ortega wrote:
> thanks but the Fn+F7 didn't help, nothing happens, and
> yes I'm using a laptop. Is there another way?

I never had this problem myself. I have a friend with an HP laptop that gets
the command line interface always in the  middle of the screen. However KDE
works fine for him so we never got messed with this until know..
The only difference i can see right now is that he gives
#kdm and not #startx to start KDE and it starts normally (whole screen)
In his case Fn + F7 combination doesn't work with the non-graphical interface
but works with KDE.
To further help you personaly i will have a look but not in less than 10-12
hours from now.
are you editing the xorg.conf file or using #xorgconfig (or similar command)
to make changes?

Anyone else faced with this already?

/* Sorry that i didn't cc before.... */

Spiros