Time Zone

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Tue Jan 17 16:22:53 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 01:32:01AM -0400, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:

> > What is the "prefered" time zone for a web server
> >
> > Is it better to keep it GMT or local timezone ?
>
> Both ;) Set the machine's clock to GMT (actually, UTC.) Then set the
> correct timezone for your location.

Actually, the SYSTEM CLOCK is UTC, right?  Unless you're supporting a
Weeendows dual-boot environment.  Timezone is then a locale setting.

I like to leave the timezone alone, and let uers or applications set the
time zone to whatever they please.

What time zone should you use?  Whatever time zone you like.  If you set
the zone to EST5EDT then then the system locale will adapt DST for you
automatically.

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/