FreeBSD vs Linux

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue Jan 17 13:00:59 PST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 12:32 PM, Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:

> any idea when i'll be able to use my sound card on freebsd ;) ?
> [high definition audio :p]
> changing the topic ;)
> missed listening to music :'( [my speakers will get rot soon, dont
> even know
> if they still work :p]

Just get a different sound card.  There are lotsof inexpensive sounds
cards that are probably supported by FreeBSD for just a few (10-30) $

Btw, this problem happens with Windows, Mac OS X, etc as well.  I
have been trying to put an extra USB/Firewire card in my G5, and they
work, but with weird side effects like hanging IO.  My dad had some
sound card issues on Windows with "supported" cards.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider