Boot with ACPI

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue Jan 17 09:00:19 PST 2006

Crispy Beef <crispy.beef at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> When I boot my laptop running 6.0-RELEASE I need to boot with ACPI as
> otherwise it crashes.  Was wondering how to make booting with ACPI
> the default?
>
> To be honest I'm not bothered about the boot menu at all as I'm quite
> happy with the system booting without any interaction.  Sometimes I
> need to reboot remotely which isn't possible at the moment.  I've
> read a bit about loader.conf and have used it for various things, is
> it as easy as putting a line in there to get this working?

If ACPI isn't enabled on your system by default it means your system
is blacklisted.

To overwrite the blacklist you can set hint.acpi.0.disabled to 0
in /boot/loader.conf. See man acpi for more ACPI tunables.

If your system works with ACPI, you probably should file an PR.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/