English only, please (was: Pooomooocyyyy ;()

Jerry Dunham jdunham at texas.net
Tue Jan 17 08:15:12 PST 2006

On 17 Jan 2006 at 10:09, Bob Johnson wrote:

> On 1/15/06, Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at clunix.cl.msu.edu> wrote:
>
> > Now, if someone posts a question in something besides English and then
> > begins to rant and flame people for not responding, then it is not
> > acceptable.   But, just starting a question here in another language
> > is not so onerous.
>
> On the contrary, I think the policy should be that if you are going to
> flame someone on this list, you MUST do it in a language other than
> English.  That makes it easier to ignore.

Perhaps it could be required that flames be in Klingon.  I doubt that
there are too man Klingons on the list who would be offended by having
their language be the official language of flames.  Besides, it seems an
appropriate language for flames by its nature, and the limited number of
native speakers would certainly limit the number of flame messages.

Now, as for enforcement....

--
Jerry Dunham
jdunham at texas.net