New FreeBSD 6.0 system advice sought

Daniel A. ldrada at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:10:19 PST 2006

Hi,
When I built my server a few months ago, I was asking the same
questions to myself.
At first, I decided that I would go with Apache 1.3, MySQL 4, and PHP 5.
They played along very nicely, absolutely no problems.
Later, I was asked by one of my users if I would like to upgrade to
MySQL 5. And so I did.
I've run several web apps on my server since then (phpbb, smf,
wordpress, phpmyadmin, etc), and it seems that all of these are either
updated to support MySQL 5. I've never had any compatibility issues
with that.
So, my personal and biased suggestion would be Apache 1.3, MySQL 5 and PHP5.