Lost Root Pasword.

Laurent Debacker debackerl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 12:38:20 PST 2006

I would have prefer to let someone more experienced speak, but since
there is not much answers....

To reset your root password I think there are two solutions:
1) Boot in safe-mode, I think it will not ask password, and you can
juste use the passwd to reset the password.
2) Boot with another FreeBSD install (live CD or so). Mount the
partitions you have installed FreeBSD on. chroot then passwd should
work.
I know it is confuse but I only did that with Mac OS X.

Warning: Remember that encrypted partition can only be decrypted using
the password.

Good luck,
Laurent.