Difficulty asking questions

Bob Willson jeremywillson at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 14 15:19:18 PST 2006

--- Garance A Drosihn <drosih at rpi.edu> wrote:

> At 9:29 AM +1100 1/15/06, Bob Willson wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >I have been trying to ask questions of this forum
> for
> >some time now but my questions seem to vanish into
> the
> >wild blue ether.  :(
> >
> >It is possible that my ISP has been blacklisted for
> >this forum, how do I tell? My usual address (and
> the
> >one which I registered) is:
> >jwillson at brisbane.apana.org.au
> >
> >I am sending this through a Yahoo email address to
> see
> >  if this works.
>
> If it helps, I did see this message of yours from
> the
> freebsd-questions mailing list.  I usually just skim
> through this mailing list though, so I have no idea
> if
> if your previous messages (from some other address?)
> also made it through.
>
> It is true that this list is busy enough that
> questions
> can get lost.  Which is to say, everyone *receives*
> the
> message, but no one actually replies to it simply
> because
> they're too busy with other things.
OK, thanks for the replies
I did get this through the Yahoo mail address on the
web interface.
I have checked all my settings on the
freebsd-questions web page as well and they are all
correct.
I get the two or three daily reports FROM the forum,
but I just don't seem able to post TO it. Any ideas
why not?